Friday, July 19, 2013

Gluten free=lose weight?

"Natasha!  I have been gluten free for 2 weeks...cravings are gone!  I've lost 2.5 lbs!  You were SO right!"  This from a dear friend who, for a couple of years, has had immense cravings for chocolate cake in dealing with personal hardships.  I told her to start with casein/gluten free, and do one at a time, so she chose gluten and she is already seeing results!  I feel so rewarded by her success in just 2 weeks! 

I am a firm believer that if you have cravings, it is a food sensitivity and elimination dieting can help you figure out the culprit.  It worked for me because I too cut cravings and ousted hypoglycemia by eliminating gluten/wheat from my diet.  I can always thank my son for his strict dietary needs that lead me down this path.  When he was an infant, I cringed at even thinking he may be lactose intolerant.  Boy was I in for a rude awakening!  He wasn't just lactose intolerant...he had a milk allergy!!  I have since found out he has additional food sensitivities which caused most of his behavioral issues. It was a blessing in disguise!  If he had not been born, I would never have figured this out.  I would have continued mocking these theories, so I am thankful! 

No comments:

Post a Comment